Saturday, April 22, 2006

What goes around, comes around

‘Tag and get tagged’ has become the in thing these days… here comes another one from the one and only Quills the Bachelorette, darling of the blog world and Bachelorette union chair-person…

5 people who top your shit list..... and why:

Ok… I am no saint… I maintain my (s)hit list.
  1. An old friend of mine who turned against me at a crucial juncture…
  2. An old classmate who plotted a major show-off, which triggered the above mentioned incident.
  3. Another old classmate who acted smart and made the best out of the above situation, thus spoiling my reputation.
  4. Cant think of any other individuals … so here comes two groups…people who think they are always right and people who think only they are right.
  5. People who misuse whatever little power or authority they have thereby making life difficult for others.

Close brushes with death/danger:

This I had plenty :_)….

A project party sometime back…a resort…a river… fast current, deep waters….some stupid challenge….me plunged head first…when I was half way through, I had a cramp in my right thigh, I couldn’t swim any more… I drowned and the water was twice as high as me… I still don’t know how I came back up and managed to paddle thru the rest of it… one hell of an exp… the pain when your lungs are deprived of air is indescribable.

Some bike stunts ;_)) don’t want to bore my friends with another narration…

5 Preferable modes of suicide, in descending order:

Honestly, I have never thought of that door… I am damn self confident and egoistic to admit defeat or give up…in fact over confidence is one of my weaknesses ;_))

5 Guilty pleasures:

I subscribe to the viewpoint ‘anything pleasurable is not guilty’….I have a natural tendency to go grab/do all those things which are considered taboo/guilty, that too without the slightest sense of guilt…

5 things you never want to forget:


  1. The good times I had/have with my family and friends.
  2. cant think of anything else… so drilling down on the above item… each and every family gettogether was special…
  3. my engineering life… four years of carefree life… all the trips our gang had…
  4. my Mumbai life… 12 crazy guys/gals… fun filled days… enjoyable trips…
  5. then the Bangalore episode… script remains the same…more movies… more trips…more fun…
5 things you wish to forget:

I usually don’t forget and I don’t want to forget also :_)
scores should be settled…debts should be paid back…

5 really exotic dishes you have tried:

I thot of googling to come up with stuff like Reindeer’s right thigh roasted with Emu heart or something similar…. But then I thot I cud write about some out of the world delicacies I have had…


  1. Frog-leg fry :- you will appreciate this more when you are involved in the process of ‘procuring’ the frog from the nearby paddy fields and small streams, post midnight, armed with just a torch and a sack to collect frogs.
  2. River fish :- again when you yourself do the ‘catching’ process. Easy way of doing this is by tying a long net across the river and then coming back after an hour or so to collect the tangled fish. Another way is to use a ‘Veeshu Vala’ (the typical round conical shaped net) which you ‘throw’ open, which lands in water in a perfect circle and drowns because of the weight of the lead beads tied to the rim, and comes back with priced ‘catch’.
  3. Crow, parrot :- prey to the bullet which was released when you pulled the trigger.
  4. Vedi Irachi (Shikaar meat) – Just awesome!!
  5. Forrest rabbit:- again, taste is augmented by the fact that the rabbit was caught by your group which chased it all along the rubber estate… or by (accidentally) running your vehicle over it in a high-range forest trip…
I know some of the entries above are a bit sadistic…but then facts are facts… I am a pure-non-vegetarian.

I thank my dad’s bro for allowing me to be with him for the above mentioned endeavors… He used to take me out for a new adventure, each time I visited my homestead… I miss those days :_(

5 crushes/loves in your life... in chronological order (even initials or nicknames wud do. Oh, no ID attempts or requests pleez):

Here again I can write ‘that girl who smiled at me when I fell down in LKG, or the girl who drank from my water bottle in std 2’ and so on … … but… let me be frank… apart from a handful of movie stars like Ms A Rai, Ms B Basu, Ms M Bellucci or Ms C Anne Moss, I don’t remember having real life crushes… the grown up me (as far as I can remember) was always level headed in this one aspect… i was always looking out for friendships and not for affairs… so naturally….well…u know…u got what I meant…rite? ;_))

Strangest dream you ever had:

I had this dream a couple of times… in this... I am sleeping on a bed… the problem is I am in a gigantic room… walls are tall and wide…I am lying on my bed in one corner of the room and the room is so vast, I cant see the other corners of the room or the roof…only me and my bed are small…then there is a zoom out effect, and I feel my bed and me going up slowly and endlessly…. towards the end, I invariably fall off the bed, and I wake up from my sleep…havnt yet got a chance to see what happens on my way down…:_))

5 most valued personal possessions:

  1. bike
  2. cell.
  3. some cards and letters.
  4. some gifts.
  5. and c cards… :_)

5 favorite superheroes..... and why:

I am not a cartoon lover… in fact all throughout my life (even when I was a child), I have treated cartoons to be too childish an affair to pay attention to… (Exceptions: I do watch T&J and read C&H). So I really don’t care a damn about all those undy-over-pants super heroes. Now if I tweak the question to five of my fav fictional characters, then here I go…

  1. Tarzan: I like the concept of being the king… even if ur subjects are all apes and gorillas… who cares as long as you are treated royally… besides the added advantage of having a Jane to literally hang around trees is really tempting to say the least…
  2. Sherlock Holmes: He IS intelligent like me.
  3. Bheem of Mahabharata. Please read ‘Randamoozham’ to understand why.
  4. Phileas Fogg: Isnt it cool to kick start a trip around the world just for the heck of a bet and finish it in 79 days?
  5. Santiago: Courage is what it takes to pursue your dream after sacrificing all you have.

5 people who should pass the parcel…

  1. Hope and Love
  2. Venus
  3. jithU
  4. Thanu
  5. AF Space

21 comments:

quills said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Poison- said...

i loved santiago...

*tear*

quills said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
quills said...

oops twice I did it. I came back to read comments and noticed an error in mine. So deleted that and re-writing it again.

Nice way to start Sunday morning! :)Reading your tag.

Aww...you shouldn't have..."darling of blog world?" ;)
Feminisminte rani ennu villkanjathu ente bagyam. :))

I can fully understand your shit list..it is tough when trusted friends turn against you. I guess that is the worst thing that could happen.

And you brutually murdered and then proceeded to eat a poor sweet unsuspecting parrot!!!!..Ayyo..how could you???
:)

Crush list, has been really crushed. I am sure the girl who smiled when you fell down and the girl who drank from your wwater bottle are sad to hear that. :)) But man, you do keep high standards!! How can girls even keep up? ;)

Superheroes..nice list you have there. I esp liked the explantion for Sherlock Holmes being on the list. :) Honesty is always good.

Terrific tag! :) Really enjoyed the list.

Sujith said...

vedi irachi??

ok so soon we will see someone going 'inside' for poaching.

Rat said...

Kool post yet again :-)

venus said...

what is it about santiago?? I'd also like to know..
looks like u've been gravely hurt by the ones you trusted very much.. it happens.. that's the life :)
cramps amid water.. u just got saved, thank god!
poor crows and parrots.. now I know why all the birds migrated from b'lore :P

hmmm.. Ms M Bellucci, the matrix 2 french lady! u didn't elaborate on why you like them ;)

Jiby said...

you and me wud be a tag team!! hehe...so u too believe in settling scores???

in just a few days you are the second person who i know who's talked of randamoozham...i need to read it sometime soon!!!

enjoyed the tag...ur really emerging as the he-man among all our kerala bloggers...hehe!!

Mind Curry said...

I maintain my (s)hit list.
boy..hope i am never unlucky enough to figure in that!! :)

man..an old classmate and friend?? how old? will you kill them?

your exotic list really tops them all! amazing! :)

some cards and letters.
some gifts.
and c cards… :_)

that really sums it all..

Mind Curry said...

I maintain my (s)hit list.
boy..hope i am never unlucky enough to figure in that!! :)

man..an old classmate and friend?? how old? will you kill them?

your exotic list really tops them all! amazing! :)

some cards and letters.
some gifts.
and c cards… :_)

that really sums it all..

Geo said...

@Poison:
your time hasn’t come yet…:_))
when its time, sell all the ‘posts’ you have and embark on the journey… I shall wait for you in the desert :_))

@Quills:
sometime back you only said you belong to the BBB gang :_))

now that parrot… now I am a bit doubtful as to whether I had actually eaten the parrots…I remember shooting ‘em down… but not sure… :_) it was loong back

those are all imaginary girls… so no one will be sad ;_)) point is nobody wants to keep up.. ;_))

Thanks for that compliment on my honesty :_)) I am ...I am ... =))

@Shef:
I swear I never had =)) in fact, havnt met anybody foolish enuf to commit that mistake for me :_))

@Alexis:
So many approving nodes… I am honored :_))

Nice to know you too like Randamoozham… I am impressed by the way MT has unfolded the story… As if it actually happens before your eyes… without any celestial interventions or cheap gimmicks…a logical story… fight between two royal families for pride, country, women, life … and a warrior who controlled it all single handedly…its simply superb…

Geo said...

@Jithu:
njaan aaru Salman Khan-o :-?

@Rat:
Thank you… Thank you :_))

@Venus:
Santiago, the young Andalusian shepherd who dreams of buried treasure in Egypt and embarks upon a challenging and enlightening journey to find it. ;_))

Cramps while swimming against current…that was one hell of an exprnc… somehow I managed… :_))

And the bird episode was when I was a kid…not in blore :_))

You sure know why I like Bellucci…=))

@Jiby:
Ha ha ha … I do believe in settling scores… :_))

Pls don’t miss Randaamoozham… if you ask me, that’s the best mallu novel…(khasakhinte ithihaasakaaran ennoodu porukkatte :_))

Enthu paranjaalum avasaanam ente kaalu valichoonam kettaa… He-maan-oo?
Njan oru paavam aanennu vichaarichu enthum aavaamennoo :_))

@MindCurry:
here comes the next one from the leg pulling squad.. :_))

No I wont kill them, I will only ask them to read MC’s blog :_))

Have you tried any of those food items? I don’t like them for their taste…but for the experience…

>>that really sums it all..
No teddy bears though ;_))

hope and love said...

OMG...! geo im so busy packin and all that..
hmm.. il try.. how can i refuse u..?!
:))

Aashi said...

thanks Geo for including me in the tag...i'm at mummy's place now...7th month na..shall try...thanks again!

-Poison- said...

vedi geo?
(idea sprouted from jithus comment)
i am innocent, comrade geo!

@rChU said...

Hmmmm...u give a lotta food for thought!!! Came here thru a frnd's blog...n i liked wat i read...:^)

Too over confident u say? just wondering does that put u in the bracket for "ppl who think they are always rite"!!! just asking?

though sadistic yet am amazed at wat ppl eat these days...parrots??? n somewhere else i read pigeons!!! man now thats news to my tummy!!!

Keep on hittin those keys and man am so glad ur alive and kicking too after that freaking episode!!! I hate the thought of even gettin into ruff waters...let alone drowning in 1....ciao ...n stay away from white river rafting!!

Will keep visitin ur blog..so dont stop!!!

Geo said...

Anu Chechy,
I saw ur tag and comments ;_))

@AF,
okie okie…take rest… and be happy as always.. :_)

@Poison:
theeppetti ondoo sakhaave oru bomb kathichu ninte kazhuthil ketti thookki idaan :-?

@AAA:
Thanks for the visit. :_)

There is a subtle difference between over-confidence and arrogance. Confidence stems from knowledge and experience, as in, knowing what to do and how to do… :_))

Guess I shd go for some rafting soon :_))

Thanks once again for ur kind words. :_)

quills said...

This is great!:) Thanks a lot for changing font color. I can finally read using my current prescription glasses. :))

Geo said...

anything for u ma'am

:_D

Anonymous said...

control devaaa... control tharooo...
ee post kandittu enikku mindathirikkan thonnunnille.....

@rChU said...

arent v like taking a long break here? wassup da? everything alrite ...or r u just plain busy?