Saturday, November 12, 2005

Don’s 20

Its tagging season and jithU tagged me...

I am... – my space-time and some junk coordinates

3. I am a software engineer by profession, and unlike most software professionals, I love my job.

9. I am from the ‘gods own country’ of the nation of ‘snake charmers, maharajas, elephant rides and tiger hunts’. I speak the wonderful tongue-twisting tongue popularly known as Mallu.

4. I am an atheist as far as my religion and beliefs (or the lack of them) go.

18. I am a pure non-vegetarian.

I believe... – my guiding principles or the lack of them

1. I believe in the simple principle ‘do unto others as they have done unto you”, and this forms the basis of my interaction with others. Thus, my relationship with a person starts with the assignment of 0 points to him/her, no matter how good or how bad are the stories I have heard about him/her. With each interaction, I add or subtract points, and at any point of time, my interaction with that person depends on his balance point. And, no, I don’t carry around a notepad to note down the points, it happens automatically. The only exception to the above rule is for the ladies, who get a +10 points head start in the beginning ;_)

2. I believe there are no ‘rights’ and ‘wrongs’, no ‘absolute-goodness’ and ‘to-be-dreaded-evil’.

19. I believe in the power of human mind, and I am sure I, or anybody else, will be able to do anything, yes just about anything, if the need/urge is strong enough.

5. I believe in ‘do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be’. So sometimes, I don’t do things which I don’t feel like doing.

I love... – rational motives for my existence

7. I love to spend time with my family. My dad’s fam (cousins and uncles) is like a close friend gang with teasing, gossiping, rumors and laughter doing rounds all the time. My cousin got married last week. After the function, the gilrs’ family came to drop her at my cousin’ place. When the relatives were getting ready to leave, we (uncles, cousins) approached the girl with questions like “Arent u gonna cry...? ur parents...all these years... they r going back... u no crying?” That poor thing started crying very soon. That was when my dad chipped in by asking my cousin to join in if he feels like doing so...

10. I love to be with my friends, to party, go for trips and have a merry jolly time. I manage to do this most of the time.

12. I love to drive automobiles. I am absolutely crazy about driving. An offer to allow me to drive an automobile is the easiest way to lure me into anything.

16. I love playing badminton and football - The sports I used to play as a kid and a teenager and the ones I enjoy the most.

I hate... – Turnoffs

17. I hate it when my colleagues are unprofessional in professional business.

8. I hate to be kept waiting when somebody is late for an appointment. I appreciate punctuality a lot.

11. I hate to stand in Qs. I try to pay everything through my ICICI infinity account or my credit cards :_)

20. I hate hard rock, heavy metal, for no particular reason.

Miscellaneous...

13. My spelling is atrocious. A full page without M$ Word and WordWeb is next to impossible. (The first atrocious I tried here had two‘t’s in it) :_)

6. I think I am open-minded. I try to treat relationships with discretion and respect. I also try to be logical and rational as far as possible. (All these as long as my temper is under my control)

14. The reason why I took computers for engineering was that I had taken electronics for my PUC and was fed up with it. :_)

15. “Burning the bridges behind you...” has always happened in my life.... always....

<!--If any of my E-Company maites feel like taking this forward, please do so...-->

15 comments:

Unknown said...

10 points for ladies, is that -ive sign i missed or you deliberatley missed ;)

hope and love said...

i now understand y r soooo sweet..
:))

-Poison- said...

An offer to allow me to drive an automobile is the easiest way to lure me into anything.

i forgot to put that in my 20 things :_)

and yeah..the power of the human mind is one of the most powerful forces around...

kickassso said...

good one(s)
especially the way in which they're so logically arranged.I bet you cleaned up your room EVERY day when you were a kid:P

silverine said...

A very honest summary of your character and personality.You seem to have sized yourself up pretty neatly. Impressive !!!

So gals just gotta get an automobile to snare Mr Geo? ;)

Geo said...

@Ximeite: Hmm... :_)
@Nagu : I am dangerously straight ;_)
@hope and love: Dunno why, but ur comments always make me smile :_)
@-Poison-: Lot of parallels... uh? ..good..good... :_)
@kickassso: There you got it wrong :_). You should see my room once... dunno why, but my cousin says "this room is a pigsty" whenever he visits me. :_(
@silverine: Thanks ma'am...:_D
Answer to your question : No they dont need to ... just come along ... forget abt the auto :_D

Aashi said...

Hey good !!….liked the fact that u don’t believe what others say abt someone and judge a person on ur own…
Like punctuality hate Q’s --- so much like me!!
Good to know u better Geo!

Jiby said...

wow...nice to know so much about you...i can see we are not similar in many ways but i am sure we would hit it off fabuloulsy if we ever met. cant take this tag up rite now but this is one i'll keep in mind to blog about some day soon.

kickassso said...

D'oh!

Leon said...

I echo 18,12,8,20.. :-)

As for point 1.. I'm unsure about what you mean.. What happens when people treat you badly?

Geo said...

@AF:
Thats cool... so much in common!! :_)
Your tag-post is too good...

@Jiby:
even i am looking forward to meeting you sometime... lets see...

pls do take up the tag when you are free, would be intrsting to know more abt u.

@kickassso:
Dont be... that was a logical guess but :_)

@Leon:
I think 18 and 12 are common for most male mallu bloggers, and 8 for male bloggers. :_)

More similarities :_D.... guess i am normal.... :_)

Point 1, 'eye for an eye' is what I do when I get the treatment you have mentioned :_)

venus said...

how many points should I subtract/add for you? :P

u sound quite logical, rational person from your 20's statistics!

Geo said...

add, ma'am... only add :_D

Thanks for the compliment. I try hard to be that way as far as I can...

Rat said...

How many math classes did you attend ?

But for the numbering scheme(which kept me puzzled for the full reading stretch), the points are well put. And reflects the true you :)

Geo said...

Numbers were used just to confuse you :_)... to make it look as if its well organized... :_)

Ha ha ha... Maths and me.. hmm ..well...