Wednesday, July 20, 2005

'>>' to present

One of these days, this thought struck me like thunder striking.
“Am I living in the past?”

Past is often dearer to us mostly because, you tend to remember only the good things abt past, only the things you like, only the ones which make you comfortable. Basically you have this royal freedom of choice to choose what you want to choose and discard the rest to the back of your mind. Forgetfulness (selective memory) is bliss.

So here I am, still living in the memories of a good or rather excellent college life I had. My mind refuses to go ahead, to push that back as something from the past, something which is over, and which won’t come back again. Its truly true that I really miss those careless days when you were not bothered about Form 16s, tax returns, budget mishits, wrong projections, quarter end audits, missed dead lines, financial constraints of your account and a hundred million other things.

But as one of my friends said recently, “Isn’t it time to discard past and move on with life?” Have I become too much addicted to my past college life, so much so that I can not find a life in the current tense?

What do I do now….
Enjoyable company with proj mates, usual gossips, ogling and stuff like that in office…
Then mid week booze parties with proj mates…
Regular proj parties…
Usually meet with Bethanians on weekends - trips, goals, movies…

But something somewhere is missing.
What?
Dunnoo…
May be that perennial urge to have more fun n Masti. Yea that’s more like it…
Fun, games, entertainment n Masti are addictive. Too much addictive.

But need to move on… Miles to go before I (dunno do what).