Saturday, January 22, 2005

Benny Hinn , Bandh and Bangalore

Got up at 10:30 yesterday... was up n ready by 11 and was on my way to office...
when i reached bommanahalli, the road was jam packed… it was unusual at 11 in the morning… took a couple of sharp turns, crossed the path of a truck and took my enticer to the service road… service road was more or less empty… seeing my id card, a colleague stopped me and asked me not to proceed…

That was when I took a look at the road ahead… two or three buses were parked across the road… stone pelting was going on… vehicles going towards electronic city came to screeching halts, took u-turns and sped away twice as fast as they were coming… police had started a small scale lathi-charge. Since I was not so interested in being a part of the drama any longer, donated a screeching 180 degree turn to the protesters and started my journey back home…

Dialed up my teammates who hadn’t yet started from home, to warn them about the potential danger to their automobiles… since I had some important work to finish, couldn’t afford to take a day off… again ventured out at around 12… this time the road was calm… not even a single mob of protesters throughout hosur road… reached office by 12.30…

Its sad to see Blore following Kerala's way of observing this barbaric ritual called Bandh. This surely is not expected of this metro.

No comments: