Saturday, August 27, 2005

Butterflies, yours and mine

Hats off to the monk who described wants | wishes as butterflies.

The moment you start chasing them, they evade you.
When you stop going after them, they come to you, fluttering those colorful wings.

You are often after the one u r interested in, the one who may not actually care a damn about you. At the same time, u r least bit interested in the one who is after you.

But then, whats the point of your existence, if you don't have anything to wish for? If you are at the peak of happiness | satisfaction | content, then can tomorrow be any better? Why live another day, if all your wants | wishes | fantasies | dreams are satisfied today?

Does that mean its hope, yes, hope for a better tomorrow that forces you and me to wait for the morrow?

Another hat to the monk who exclaimed, "I am happy for all those things I wished for, which never materialized."

I know what I don't like or what I don't want.
But, do I really know what I want? What will make me happy? What I want to be?

Last but not the least, abt my wants | wishes. Here goes all that I know abt my wish list. --> "All I want is everything!"

7 comments:

silverine said...

Well....you definitely can't have everything as many of those things may already belong to somebody. So that leaves you with 'everything' that is free for you to want. Right? Then go for it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!

Sujith said...

kunnolam aashikkuka, malayolam kittum ;-)

Anonymous said...

good post george...
sujithe...ninte commentil entho oru spelling mistake undallo ;-)

Geo said...

@Banished Soul: Thanks for ur kind words. Btw, don’t think u placed me right :_)

@Silverine:

"Butterfly kutiye sthreeyoodupamicha
Kaavya-bhaavaneee....
Abhinandanam... abhinandanam... ninakkabhinandanam..."

One hat to you too....

@Jithu: Swopnalookathil kottaaram kettumbo enthinaa otta nilayil nirthunnathu? Alle?

@KG: Thanks man :_)... It’s so pleasing to get an approving nod from you :_) Pinne Jithunte comment, da Jithu, kunnu + mala = ....(allenkil venda.....)

hope and love said...

post.. every action begins as a dream..

Sujith said...

ha ha.. swaarry!! daai! kg and geo, thnx for pointing it out.. bt karyam manassilayallo, athrem mathi ;-)

Geo said...

@HnL: It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.... When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. ( ;_)lifted, as usual)

@Jithu: U r right. words | spellings | sentences are not important... the meaning that is conveyed is what is important.